Front Desk Coordinator Job Description
COME JOIN OUR GROWING TEAM!
JOB TITLE: Front Desk Coordinator
REPORTS TO: Front Desk Manager/Director of Administration
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS/REQUIRED SKILLS
- Greet patients upon arrival and departure
- Calculate, collect and process payments
- Possess understanding of health insurance benefits
- Ability to explain insurance co-pays, co-insurance, etc. as needed
- Run and verify insurance benefits
- Balance cash drawer and payment reports
- Answer multi-line telephone
- Patient scheduling for multi-provider facility
- Enter data into electronic medical chart
- Maintain clean and neat reception area
- Each day different from the next; especially in personal interactions
- Fast-paced environment Multiple projects going simultaneously
- Very socially-focused; requires “how can I help you?” attitude
- Lots of attention spent on building and maintaining relationships, especially where helping, not pressuring, others fosters the relationship
- Adherence to established guidelines and procedures is important
- Important to involve others in the decision-making; there is a need to build consensus rather than make decisions alone
- Open, flowing communication is important
- Position requires working with and through others, especially in a helping role
- There is a need for a persuasive, “selling” (rather than “telling”) communication style
- Team environment: leader must be willing to jump in and roll up his/her sleeves to help out when necessary
- Need someone who leads by example, with first-hand knowledge of area of expertise
- Strong, friendly follow-up necessary on tasks delegated to ensure proper results
The ideal candidate will have a background in clinical reception and/or multi-provider scheduling; possess a positive, professional demeanor; have a great sense of humor; possess leadership skills; be comfortable in their own skin but willing to work with strong personalities; have excellent communication skills; and be detailed oriented with impeccable follow-through skills.
Sitting for long periods of time
Cleaning duties: sweep, mop, bend, lift up to 25 lbs on occasion
DESCRIPTION OF WORK ENVIRONMENT/CONDITIONS
- Large, one-story, handicap accessible building
- Parking lot on site
- Fast-paced, rapidly growing business
- Must be willing to work 10+ hour days, 3-4 days a week including occasional weekends
- Office hours are Monday through Friday 7:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m., Saturdays 8:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m.
THE FINE PRINT
- No phone calls or walk-ins please.
- No recruiters.
- Serious inquiries only.
- If selected to go to phase two of our interview process, references will be checked and employment history will be verified.
- Due to the expected number of responses to this ad, please be advised only candidates selected for interview will be contacted. Thank you for understanding and for your interest in joining our growing team!
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Loehr Health Center is always looking for qualified applicants to join our ever-growing team. Loehr Health Center is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate based on race, color, religion or creed, National origin or ancestry, sex, age, sexual orientation or identification, physical or mental disability, Veteran status, genetic information, or citizenship.
DISABILITY ACCOMMODATION STATEMENT
Loehr Health Center is committed to providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities.
If you are contacted for an interview and require an accommodation due to a disability, please let your interviewer know how we can help!
- Remote interview process
- Personal protective equipment provided or required
- Temperature screenings
- Social distancing guidelines in place
- Virtual meetings
- Sanitizing, disinfecting, or cleaning procedures in place
- Masks are required.
- $1,648.00 – $2,100.00 per month
- Benefit Conditions: Waiting period may apply
- Benefits: 401(k), Dental insurance, Disability insurance, Employee discount, Flexible spending account, Health insurance, Life insurance, Paid time off, Vision insurance
Job Type: Full-time
- Patient Scheduling: 1 year (Preferred)
- Reception work: 1 year (Required)
- Working in healthcare environment: 1 year (Preferred)
- Multi-line Phone Systems: 1 year (Required)
- Payment Processing: 1 year (Required)
- High school or equivalent (Required)
- One location
- Monday to Friday
- Weekends required