How do you know you should see a sports specialist?
You try to, “play through the pain.”
You continue to re-injure the same thing.
You’re ready to get back in the game.
Performing your best is a top priority.
What types of injuries do you treat?
All patients receive a full examination and x-rays, if needed. Once a physician diagnoses your injuries, they will recommend a treatment plan. Our doctors and athletic trainers help with a wide variety of injuries including:
- Limited range of motion, endurance, strength, and/or flexibility
- Gait issues
- Improper posture and form
- ACL, MCL, and other ligament injuries
- Shin splints
- Nerve pain
- Tennis elbow
- Frozen shoulder
- Plantar fasciitis
- Labral tears
- Rotator cuff
- Ankle or wrist sprains
- Muscle strains
- IT bands
- And more!
Does chiropractic care really work for sports injuries?
With its ability to support wellness and increase overall performance, chiropractic care is ideal for athletes. Consider these sports stats:
In one study, 100% of runners with joint problems reported reduced symptoms and were able to maintain or increase their training mileage after receiving chiropractic care.
- Regular chiropractic adjustments help baseball players significantly improve their long jump distance and increase muscle strength.
- 90% of golf injuries involve the neck or back. Chiropractors can help golfers correct postural imbalances in their swing to prevent injury.
- Regular chiropractic care helps basketball players boost their SPEED, FLEXIBILITY, RANGE OF MOTION, BALANCE AND STRENGTH.
- Chiropractic care reduces painful symptoms of recurrent shoulder instability due to hockey injuries. 80% of hockey related injuries can be managed with four or less treatments.
- For the 50% of tennis players who get tennis elbow, chiropractic joint manipulations help ease discomfort.
- During the course of a football season, chiropractors give up to 16,320 – 27,200 adjustments to pro players.
Whether you’re a weekend warrior or a world-class athlete, contact Loehr Health Center (formerly Loehr Chiropractic & Acupuncture) today to discuss how we can help you recovery from an injury and reach your athletic goals.
Sports Injury Treatments
At Loehr Health Center (formerly Loehr Chiropractic & Acupuncture), we prefer to help our patients stay at their peak health and performance. However, accidents happen. Our physicians and athletic trainers work together to evaluate your injuries and create a treatment plan. Evaluation and treatment options may include:
- X-rays, MRIs, or other tests
- Decompression therapy
- Gait Training
- Functional movement assessment
- Kinesio taping
- Myofasical release
- Inferential therapy
- Cold laser
- Ultrasound therapy
- Nutritional support
- Athletic training
- Wellness counseling
Why should athletes consider adding chiropractic care to their game plan?
1. CHIROPRACTIC CAN HELP YOU RECOVER FROM A SPORTS INJURY.
Being physically active is an important part of a healthy lifestyle, but most activities do involve a certain amount of risk. If you’ve been unlucky enough to score an achy back, a shoulder strain, a wrenched wrist, a sore knee, a foot or ankle sprain, or some other type of performance-limiting injury, seeking help from a chiropractor can help you recover faster so that you’ll spend less time stuck on the sidelines.
2. CHIROPRACTIC CAN PREVENT FUTURE INJURIES.
Chiropractic care is widely recognized for its ability to treat injuries to the musculoskeletal system, but many people fail to realize that it can also aid in injury prevention. Improper alignment can put additional stress on your joints and muscles, increasing your risk of suffering an injury. By detecting and correcting any misalignments, a chiropractor helps to promote physical balance in the body, which can improve your performance and prevent future injuries.
3. CHIROPRACTIC CAN BOOST ATHLETIC PERFORMANCE.
Athletes intent on improving their fitness and conquering a specific athletic challenge often reach a point where their progress stalls. At Loehr Health Center (formerly Loehr Chiropractic & Acupuncture), we can help you regain your momentum as you move toward your objective. Whether you run, jump, kick, throw, or swing, we have doctors specifically trained in the assessment of your range of motion and biomechanics. Refining your alignment with quality chiropractic care can improve your physical function and your athletic performance, making it easier for you to unleash the stellar athlete inside you.
Sports Chiropractic and Athletic Training FAQs
Yes, we offer sports physicals.
Sports chiropractors specialize in the prevention and care of musculoskeletal injuries in athletes. Athletes may include student athletes, weekend warriors, or professional athletes.
They use a hands-on approach to treatment—without the use of surgeries or medicine. They can give advice on how to increase sports performance or help you recover from an injury.
Our chiropractors complete a full exam including x-rays, if necessary, on all patients. Additional assessments may be completed by our athletic trainers depending on what sports or activities you participate in and what your goal is.
Our athletic trainers help a wide variety of individuals including student athletes, runners, CrossFit athletes, bull riders, dancers, golfers, gymnasts, cyclists, and more. They assist athletes with:
- Lifting patterns
- Gait training
- Proper technique and form
- Agility work
- Strength training
- and more!
Thank you to our local partners!