Medical Billing Specialist Job Description
REDEFINE THE STANDARD OF HEALTHCARE: COME JOIN OUR GROWING TEAM OF HOLISTIC HEALTHCARE TEAM MEMBERS AND HELP THE WORLD ACHIEVE WELLNESS!
Loehr Health Center is redefining the standard of healthcare and offers a full range of holistic health services. We are presently hiring for a Medical Billing Specialist.
In February Loehr Health Center, formerly Loehr Chiropractic & Acupuncture, relocated its main practice to a beautiful, new, state of the art facility in Farmers Park. Loehr Health employs the most kind, caring, and compassionate team in southwest Missouri! Don’t believe us? Check out our reviews and see what our patients have to say!
When you’re ready to tell us how you’ll be an amazing fit for the culture, vision, and patients of Loehr Health Center, please click APPLY NOW to respond to this ad with your resume and cover letter explaining why we should select you to be one of us!
REPORTS TO: Director of Operations
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS/REQUIRED SKILLS
- Collect and process payments
- Assists DOO with weekly reports
- Knowledgeable about medical insurance billing
- Interact with patients and insurance adjusters
- Balances EOB/ERAs to deposit entry
- Proficient with technology
- Run reports for billing claims
- Customer service
- Knowledgeable of appropriate data required on claims
- Assembles required back up for AR adjustments
- Assures filing of accurate claims according to payer
- Generates and works all unbilled and AR reports specifications
- Post Medicare, Medicaid, or Private Insurance
- Familiar with HIPAA compliance
- Deposits daily or weekly as needed
- Submits appropriate claims corrections
- Knowledgeable about medical coding
The ideal candidate will have a background in accounting, bookkeeping, or a similar field and/or have a medical billing background; have an understanding of ICD-10 coding; understand health insurance terminology and processes; possess a positive, professional demeanor; have a great sense of humor; possess leadership skills; be comfortable in their own skin but willing to work with strong personalities; have excellent communication skills; and be an organized, detailed individual with impeccable follow- through skills.
Sitting for long periods of time
Pay commensurate with experience. Benefits available: Life, health, direct primary care, vision, dental, various AFLAC plans, paid time off, and much more!
DESCRIPTION OF WORK ENVIRONMENT/CONDITIONS
- Large one-story, handicap accessible building
- Parking lot on site
- Fast-paced, rapidly growing business
- Office hours are Monday through Friday 7:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m., Saturdays 8:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Loehr Health Center is always looking for qualified applicants to join our ever-growing team. Loehr Health Center is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate based on race, color, religion or creed, National origin or ancestry, sex, age, sexual orientation or identification, physical or mental disability, Veteran status, genetic information, or citizenship.
DISABILITY ACCOMMODATION STATEMENT
Loehr Health Center is committed to providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities.
If you are contacted for an interview and require an accommodation due to a disability, please let your interviewer know how we can help!
THE FINE PRINT
- No phone calls or walk-ins please.
- No recruiters.
- Serious inquiries only.
- If selected to go to phase two of our interview process, references will be checked and employment history will be verified.
- Due to the expected number of responses to this ad, please be advised only candidates selected for interview will be contacted. Thank you for understanding and for your interest in joining our growing team!
ALTERNATE WAYS TO APPLY
- Via Fax 417.887.8535
- Direct email
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $14.00-$17.00 per hour
- Dental insurance
- Employee discount
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- ICD-10: 1 year (Required)
- Medical billing: 1 year (Required)
- High school or equivalent (Preferred)
- One location
- Monday to Friday
- Waiting period may apply
- Only full-time employees eligible