Patient Scheduling Coordinator Job Description
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS/REQUIRED SKILLS
- Answer patient calls
- Work with multi-provider scheduling
- Ability to quickly become familiar with providers’ specialties to determine best fit for new patients
- Schedule new patient first visits
- Enter and verify all new patient information in EHR
- Enter and verify health insurance benefits in EHR
- Send welcome emails and onPatient access
- Ensure all necessary new patient paperwork and forms are completed prior to first visit
- Address patient questions and concerns
- Assists with follow up care calls as needed
- Extension of care to patients
- Work as part of a team
- Demonstrate the Core Values of the clinic
- Each day different from the next; especially in personal interactions
- Fast-paced environment
- Multiple projects going simultaneously
- Very socially-focused; requires “how can I help you?” attitude
- Lots of attention spent on building and maintaining relationships, especially where helping, not pressuring
- Adherence to established guidelines and procedures is important
- Important to involve others in the decision-making; there is a need to build consensus rather than make decisions alone
- Open, flowing communication is important
- Position requires working with and through others, especially in a helping role
- There is a need for a persuasive, “selling” (rather than “telling”) communication style
- Team environment: leader must be willing to jump in and roll up his/her sleeves to help out when necessary
- Need someone who leads by example, with first-hand knowledge of area of expertise
- Strong, friendly follow-up necessary on tasks delegated to ensure proper results
· A background with multi-provider scheduling will be helpful
· Prior administrative work helpful.
· Experience answering multi-line telephone a must.
· Customer service.
The ideal candidate will have a background in performing administrative duties; multi-provider scheduling; have the required education/certification(s)/experience; possess a positive, professional demeanor; have a great sense of humor; possess leadership skills; be comfortable in their own skin but willing to work with strong personalities; have excellent communication skills; and be detailed oriented with impeccable follow-through skills. This candidate will be people-oriented, committed to excellence and approach work with thorough consistency; will understand industry and patient needs and concerns; will embrace the company’s mission, vision, and core values and communicate them through his/her work.
Sitting for long periods of time in one location while taking new patient telephone calls.
DESCRIPTION OF WORK ENVIRONMENT/CONDITIONS
· Large, one-story, handicap accessible building
· Parking lot on site
· Fast-paced, rapidly growing business
· Must be willing to work events outside of the office as needed
· Office hours are Monday through Friday 7:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m., Saturdays 8:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Loehr Health Center is always looking for qualified applicants to join our ever-growing team. Loehr Health Center is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate based on race, color, religion or creed, National origin or ancestry, sex, age, sexual orientation or identification, physical or mental disability, Veteran status, genetic information, or citizenship.
DISABILITY ACCOMMODATION STATEMENT
Loehr Health Center is committed to providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities.
If you are contacted for an interview and require an accommodation due to a disability, please let your interviewer know how we can help!
THE FINE PRINT
· No phone calls or walk-ins please.
· No recruiters.
· Serious inquiries only.
· If selected to go to phase two of our interview process, references will be checked and employment history will be verified.
· Due to the expected number of responses to this ad, please be advised only candidates selected for interview will be contacted. Thank you for understanding and for your interest in joining our growing team!
Job Type: Full-time
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
- Employee discount
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- Monday to Friday
- Masks are required.
- High school or equivalent (Preferred)
- Customer Service: 1 year (Preferred)
- Medical scheduling: 1 year (Preferred)
- Receptionist: 2 years (Preferred)
- One location
Company’s Facebook page:
- Waiting period may apply
- Remote interview process
- Personal protective equipment provided or required
- Temperature screenings
- Social distancing guidelines in place
- Virtual meetings
- Sanitizing, disinfecting, or cleaning procedures in place