Press Release May 14, 2014
UPDATE: For more recent meeting dates check-out our event calendar. Thank you!
SPRINGFIELD, MO —Springfield area moms now have a new resource through the Springfield Babywearers sponsored by Loehr Health Center. Springfield Babywearers is a support group for mothers to learn how to bond with her baby through wearing a carrier.
The organization currently has 300 members actively participating through Facebook and monthly meetings. Monthly meetings occur three times as follows:
- 101 Meeting: Reviews different types of carriers , safety, and Q&A
- Mama Jeans’ Living Room
- 1st Saturday of the month from 10:00AM-11:30AM
- Support meetings: Try different carriers, meet other moms, rent from the lending library, and receive help/advice about baby wearing
- Library Station
- 2nd Saturday of the month from 10:30AM-12:30PM
- 4th Monday of the month from 6:30PM-8:30PM
Member Chelsea Kaster shared, “I think one of the largest benefits would be the freedom it gives mom or dad to accomplish more throughout the day. It also helps keep baby close to mom, especially in those early months when baby is so dependent on feeling safe and secure. I don’t know how I would have survived having a second child without baby wearing. I’ve been doing it for almost 5 years now and I absolutely love it!”