Fibromyalgia is a chronic disorder that can leave those struggling with it battling an assortment of sometimes debilitating symptoms. While each person’s experience with this disorder is unique, symptoms associated with fibromyalgia include the following:
- Widespread muscle pain and stiffness
- Cognitive difficulties that impair focus and memory
- Feelings of anxiety or depression
- Migraine headaches
- Irritable bowel syndrome and other types of abdominal discomfort
- Numbness or tingling in the face, arms, legs, hands, or feet
- Sensitivity to light, smells, medications, or the cold
Acupuncture can be a very useful tool for patients dealing with complex conditions like fibromyalgia. In fact, some patients find acupuncture to be more effective in managing their condition than traditional treatments. In certain cases, traditional medicine is medically necessary. However, acupuncture can be used to support these standard treatments.
Are you experiencing fibromyalgia symptoms? Acupuncture for fibromyalgia may offer the relief that you’ve been seeking. Please contact Loehr Health Center (formerly Loehr Chiropractic & Acupuncture) today to schedule an appointment to explore the potential benefits of acupuncture for fibromyalgia and to discuss your unique health situation.