Dr. Joshua Roose, DO
Dr. Joshua Roose is a Doctor of Osteopathic Medicine (DO), and he joined Loehr Health Center in October 2020. “One of the main draws for me was Loehr Health Center’s holistic approach to healthcare, and that is something that I value highly as an osteopathic physician,” shared Dr. Roose. As a DO, Dr. Roose brings a traditional perspective to his medical care, and he also uses Osteopathic Manipulative Treatment (OMT) to augment his care while keeping natural health treatment options in mind.
You can read the information about him below or schedule an appointment.
- Michigan State University College of Osteopathic Medicine – East Lansing, MI: 2019
- Doctor of Osteopathic Medicine
- Cedarville University – Cedarville, OH: 2012
- Bachelor of Arts in Biology
- Bioethics minor
- Michigan Department of Health and Human Services
- COVID-19 Response Team Volunteer: April 2020–September 2020
- Cadillac News – Cadillac, Michigan
- Staff Writer–Health, Medicine, and Nutrition: November 2019–September 2020
- Allergy and Asthma Specialists of Cadillac, Michigan
- Observer: July 2020–August 2020
- Memorial Christian Hospital – Malumghat, Bangladesh
- Medical Student: March 2018–April 2018
- Staircase Youth Services – Cadillac, MI
- Volunteer: May 2010–July 2011
- Tenwek Hospital – Bomet, Kenya
- Volunteer: June 2008–July 2008
- Certified Personal Trainer – National Academy of Sports Medicine
- CPR/AED certified – American Red Cross
- American Medical Association
- American Academy of Family Physicians
- American Osteopathic Association
- Springfield Chamber of Commerce
- Visit our partners page to see a complete (and growing) list of community partners.
Native to: Tustin, Michigan
First job: My first job was working at a canoe rental when I was 18.
Why did you become a doctor?
I have physicians in my family, so I gained an interest quite early.
What do you enjoy most about being a doctor?
In addition to addressing health concerns, one the most fulfilling things for me is empowering and encouraging patients to live healthy lifestyles.
Who was the biggest influence on your career?
The biggest influence on my career has definitely been my dad. He gave me the opportunity to start learning about medicine while I was still in high school.
Where can we find you when you’re not working?
When I’m not working, you can usually find me at a coffee shop or the gym.
If you could posses one super-hero power, what would it be?
Omniscience, of course.
What is your favorite food?
I have a chocolate protein shake with MCT oil just about every morning.
If you weren’t a doctor, what job would you be doing?
I’ve thought it would be cool to be Tiësto for a day or two. Maybe somebody can help me come up with a good DJ name for myself.