Pureed carrots are an amazing vegetable to add to sauces or soups to add a sweet flavor with a punch of nutrients! Follow these easy steps and enjoy.
- 1 pound of carrots
1. Gather 1 pound of carrots and Ziploc Zip’n’Steam bags.
2. Put carrots in the steamer bag.
3. Cook for 6 minutes in the microwave (following bag directions for your microwave settings).
4.Remove carrots from the microwave and cool completely.
5. Blend in a blender until smooth. *Tip-add a few tablespoons of water if the puree is thicker than desired.
6. Enjoy in your favorite recipes and sauces like these sneaky brownies, summer squash soup, baby food, or as an ingredient in homemade ketchup!