Do you ever have that sluggish feeling? You’ve drank water, rested, taken some vitamin C, and cannot, “kick” that feeling? Your lymph system may be the culprit of your symptoms.
What is the lymphatic system?
The lymphatic system is vital to the body’s immune system. The lymphatic system absorbs toxins and waste products from interstitial tissue.
The lymphatic fluid is carried through a complex network to lymph nodes where toxins, metabolic waster products, fat, and excess liquid are filtered and purified by regional lymph nodes. In a congested lymphatic system, the lymph fluid is thick, sticky, and laden with toxins that cannot be properly eliminated.
How does the lymphatic system become congested?
The body contains three times more lymph fluid than blood.
Unlike the cardiovascular system which uses the heart to pump blood for circulation, the lymphatic system relies on exercise or massage to propel lymph fluid through the system. The less we move, the more stagnant the lymph system becomes!
Other factors that lead to poor lymph circulation include:
- Chemicals and pesticides in food
- Sedentary lifestyle
- Nutrient poor diets that are high in fat, sugar, and preservatives
How can you detox the lymph system? Electro-Lymphatic Drainage.
Electro-Lymphatic Drainage is a one-hour accelerated method of cleansing and detoxifying the body.
How does Electro-Lymphatic Drainage work?
The XP2 is a gentle, non-invasive, light touch therapy that is more effective than manual therapy. Each XP2 session is equivalent of 8-10 manual treatments.
Fun fact: 30% of the body’s lymph nodes are located in the abdomen about 6 inches deep!
Body fluids are conductors of electricity. Congested lymphatic fluid is broken down by utilizing state-of-the-art electro-sound therapy. Lymphatic fluid may then move effortlessly through the lymphatic system allowing you to feel calm and rejuvenated.
What happens during a Electro-Lymphatic Drainage session?
Step 1–Similar to getting a massage, you will rest comfortably on a massage table.
Your Electro-Lymphatic Drainage specialist will use the XP2 electro-sound therapy machine to increase electro-static tension and stimulate lymphatic drainage.
This device contains hand blow glass bulbs containing rare noble gases (argon, xeon, and krypton) to devitalize bacteria, viruses, etc.
Step 2-Lymph, fat, and cellulite are directed manually along the limbs and torso. With two-hand held micro-current probes, the XP2 delivers a frequency specific signal that stimulates the lymphatic system.
How long is an Electro-Lymphatic Drainage Session? The session is 1 hour.
What are the benefits of lymph drainage?
There are MANY benefits of lymphatic drainage. Here are a few of the benefits:
- Assists in weight loss
- Alleviates cellulite tissue
- Detoxifies body tissues
- The only way cancer cells leave the body is through the lymphatic system
- Relieves discomfort from fibrocystic breast
- Supports post-mastectomy health
- Relieves chronic joint and muscle pain
- Reduces edema and lymphedema
- Promotes T-cell development in immune compromised individuals
- Reduces scars, stretch marks, and wrinkles
- Supports preventative health by supporting your lymphocytes (white blood cells) that fight infections
- Stimulates the immune system to help prevent post-surgical infections
- Improves skin regeneration and accelerates wound healing with fewer complications
Is Electro-Lymphatic Drainage safe?
Yes, Electro-Lymphatic Drainage is a safe, non-invasive, therapy to detox the lymphatic system. However, patients with the following contraindications should not use electro-lymphatic drainage:
- Acute infections
- Circulatory problems like thrombosis, embolism, or phlebitis
- Malignant ailments (ex. undiagnosed lumps)
- PACE MAKER
Patients with a contraindication may be eligible for manual lymphatic drainage or other types of lymphatic detox treatments.
Have a question about electro-lymphatic drainage?
Our team at Loehr Health Center would be happy to help you answer those, or give us a call to schedule your electro-lymphatic drainage appointment today.